By: Coach Noemi Dimuzio
Winter is my favorite season especially when it comes to food. But just because its Christmas time doesn’t mean we have to eat badly. There are so many recipes out there. I’ve picked one of my favorites as my healthy holiday recipe. Baked apple cranberry sweet potato, it’s the perfect season for cranberries, since they are everywhere during the holidays.
Large baking dish
6 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced.
2 peeled medium apples you can use any kind of favorite apple but I use pink ladies.
½ cup fresh cranberries. Do not use canned cranberries or ocean dried cranberries they are loaded with sugar and tossed in canola oil.
Fresh cranberries can be found at your local supermarket.
2tablespoons of coconut oil
1teaspoon of cinnamon, 2 if you love cinnamon
a dash of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease the inside of a large baking dish with coconut oil.
2. Take your peeled sweet potatoes and apples and chop them into 1/2 inches cubes.
3. Place half of your chopped sweet potatoes and apple into the dish. Followed by ¼ cup
of your fresh cranberries, ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon (if you are using 2
teaspoons in your recipe) and a pinch of salt.
4. Repeat step number 3, with the remaining half of your ingredients.
5. Drop small dots of coconut oil on top of your dish.
6. Cover your dish with foil and bake for one hour or until sweet potato and apples are
Tis the perfect season to stay healthy and enjoy a mild sweet flavored side. I usually pair this with holiday ham or turkey.